This policy sets out how Swift Fire & Safety uses and protects any information that the customer provides when using this website.
Swift Fire and Safety (Swift) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is Swift Fire and Safety (Swift), a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 11953863 whose registered office is at 98 Culley Court, Peterborough, PE2 6WA, United Kingdom.
The GDPR (which becomes effective 25 May 2018) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation. The Regulation aims to harmonize data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
Swift Fire & Safety collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. The client should check this page from time to time to ensure that the customer is happy with any changes.
What data is being collected?
- Job title
- Contact Information
- Other information relevant to customer, customer requirements, surveys or proposals
Why is it being collected?
To contact you where you have requested information from us or have reported a problem with our website.
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter or have entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us or we think will be of interest to you.
How will it be used?
Swift Fire & Safety require the information to ensure we understand the customers’ needs and requirements correctly, communicate effectively.
- To contact the customer by phone, email or post
- Authorise customers for access to 24-hour call outs
- Periodically send promotional and special offers, industry news, or other information via email
- Company database – log and report communications and services offered on a contract and non-contract basis.
- Polls and Surveys
- Internal Research and development purposes
- Providing goods or services
- Legal obligations
How secure is my data?
Swift Fire & Safety are committed and have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details to comply with any legal obligation.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
The customer may wish to restrict the use of personal information in the following ways:
- Use the tick box when asked for the information, this will indicate the customers does not want the information to be used for direct marketing
- If the customer no longer wishes for their information to be used for Marketing purposes, after previously agreeing, they may email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the change.
The customer may request details, access and deletion of personal information which Swift Fire & Safety hold about the customer under the Data Protection Act 1998. If the client would like a copy of the information held please email email@example.com. An administration charge will apply.
Linking to other services
Swift may use the data gathered from Cookies, when authorised, to improve the experience and analyse web traffic to the website to ascertain which web pages are popular and generate the most traffic. Swift will use this information to improve the website to increase traffic. Swift only use this information for analysis purposes and then the data is removed.