We here at Swift Fire and Safety delve into some interesting facts about CCTV, or closed circuit television, to remove some of the mystique surrounding one of the most common surveillance equipment.
- Experts estimate that installing CCTV camera systems in homes might prevent up to 67% of burglaries.
- 40% of residences have an alarm system, but only 9% have CCTV.
- Most CCTV systems allow for remote access through the internet, allowing you to monitor your home or business even when you’re not at home or at work.
- Contrary to popular belief, CCTV is incredibly dynamic. It can record both audio and video as well as thermal images and use night vision in dim light. Additionally, it is possible to configure loud audio warnings.
- In some homes today, CCTV is wireless, so it’s no longer considered a deluxe security upgrade that only pertains to larger homes and companies.
- Early video surveillance systems did not have the ability to capture and store information like modern CCTV systems do, therefore they required regular monitoring.
- The bulk of CCTV cameras in the UK are run by private persons or enterprises, primarily to keep an eye on the interiors of stores and businesses.
If you are interested in, or require, CCTV installation, servicing, maintenance, or any of the other products and services we offer please do not hesitate to get in touch. Call us today on 01733 602955 or fill out our online contact form.